150 g (1 cup) rolled oats
90 g (1 cup) plain flour, sifted
150 g (⅔ cup) caster sugar
65 g (¾ cup) desiccated coconut
125 g salted butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
½ tsp bi-carb soda
1 tbsp boiling water
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
- Combine the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan and stir on low-medium heat, induction setting 4, until butter is melted.
- Mix the bi-carb soda with the boiling water and add to the melted butter mixture. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Place heaped teaspoons of mixture on baking paper lined baking trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Place in the oven on Fan Plus at 140°C with crisp function activated and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden.
- Bake the biscuits for an additional 5 minutes for a crunchy consistency.
- Remove from the oven and cool on trays.
Hints and tips
- The biscuit dough can be frozen in a roll, or in the cut discs.
- Increase temperature to 170 for a darker colour.