1 egg, whisked, additional for egg wash
1 tablespoon milk
1 large red beetroot
5g beetroot powder
40g smoked salmon, sliced
100g crème fraiche
100g baby rocket
1. Place butter and water into saucepan on medium heat, Induction setting
2. Increase heat to high, Induction setting 8 and bring to the boil. Once
boiling remove from the heat and add the flour and beetroot powder.
Beat to combine well, ensuring there are no lumps.
3. Return the saucepan to medium heat, Induction setting 4 and beat until
mixture comes together and starts to leave the sides of the pan.
4. Transfer to a bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment and beat
on medium speed until the dough is no longer hot but still warm
5. Add in eggs, one at a time then add the feta and continue to beat until
6. Transfer the mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a 2cm nozzle and
refrigerate to cool and stiffen.
7. Pre-heat Oven on Fan Plus at 190°C with Crisp function activated.
8. Line a Baking tray with baking paper. Pipe 2cm diameter rounds onto
the prepared tray, leaving about 3cm between each to allow for pastry
to puff and spread.
9. Brush the choux pastry lightly with egg wash and bake for 18-20 minutes
or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
1. Wash the beetroot and wrap in aluminium foil. Pre-heat Oven on Fan
Plus at 160°C.
2. Place beetroot into Oven and roast for 1 hour or until soft.
3. Remove from the Oven, peel off skin and discard.
1. Thinly slice the roasted beetroot into thin wedges and season with salt
2. Cut the gougéres in half and fill each with a slice of beetroot, smoked
salmon, a little crème fraiche and baby rocket.