900g Berkshire pork loin, skin on
3 tablespoons fennel seeds, toasted
3 tablespoons sea salt
Zest of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons verjuice
- Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork just through to the fat. Rub in the fennel seeds, 2 tablespoons of the sea salt and lemon zest. Place into a tray and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the pork loin from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pre heat the oven on Moisture Plus at 240°C with one burst of steam. Follow the prompts for setting up a Moisture Plus program.
- Scrape off the salt and fennel rub from the skin of the pork and pat dry with paper towel. Place onto a wire rack over a Multi-purpose tray, rub the remaining salt in the skin of the pork and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place into the oven with the Food Probe inserted on shelf position 2, select a core temperature of 62°C, release the burst of steam.
- Remove the pork from the oven, drizzle with verjuice and allow to rest for 15 minutes in a warm area.
- Remove the crackling, chop into pieces and carve the pork across the grain and serve with the pan juices
Hints and tips
- If the oven has Advanced Moisture Plus settings, select heating type: Conventional, with 260°C for an even crispier crackling.