2 tbsp milk, warmed
2 tsp (7g) dry yeast
360 g Baker’s flour (high protein)
1 tbsp caster sugar
220 g (4) eggs
2 tsp (6 g) salt flakes
120 g cold butter, cubed
1 egg, beaten lightly
2 tbsp sesame seeds (black or white)
- Combine the milk and yeast in a small bowl, set aside for 10 minutes to activate.
- Place all ingredients except the butter into the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a dough hook. Knead for 10 minutes on low speed.
- Add the chopped butter, a little at a time, until all incorporated and continue beating for another ten minutes.
- Tip out the dough, knead lightly and place into a bowl. Cover and place the dough in the fridge overnight.
- Knock down the dough, shape into buns of approximately 20g each and place on a perforated baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the dough in the oven place on Prove yeast dough for 30 minutes, or leave to rest in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven on Moisture Plus with Fan Plus at 200°C with Automatic burst of steam.
- Brush the buns with the egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Cool before serving.