250g good quality dark chocolate
¾ cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons espresso coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 eggs, separated
- Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 150°C. When temperature is reached, roast hazelnuts for 10 minutes. Remove skin, place in food processor and grind to a fine meal.
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until smooth. Add sugar, coffee and vanilla. Allow to cool slightly before adding beaten egg yolks. Mix well to combine. Add ground hazelnuts to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased and base lined 26cm deep round springform tin.
- Bake 55 minutes. Mixture should be slightly soft and wobbly in centre. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.
- Serve with fresh berries.
Hints and tips
- 24 Individual cakes can be made by dividing the mixture into 100ml muffin pans and baking for 40 minutes. Half the quantity will make 12.