250g flathead fillets
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
(approximately 2 sprigs, picked)
100g Desiree potatoes
2 cloves garlic
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ lemon, juice and zest
Murray River sea salt to taste
12 baby cucumbers, sliced in half
1 lime, juice and zest
½ cup mixed herbs – chive batons,
parsley, baby radish leaves, baby
1. Place the flathead fillets in a large vacuum seal bag and cover the fish with salt. Place in the
Vacuum Sealing Drawer and seal on level 3 and vacuum on level 3.
2. Set aside in the refrigerator. Alternatively, cover the fish with salt in a container and place
in the refrigerator.
3. Roughly chop the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Place the garlic and the potatoes on a
perforated steam tray and steam at 100°C for 20 minutes.
4. Push the cooked potato and garlic through a potato ricer, cover with cling wrap and set
5. Wash the salt off the fish and pat dry with paper towel. Place the fish in a solid steam tray
and steam at 85°C for 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness.
6. Remove the fish from the tray, and place into a stainless steel bowl, flake with a fork. Add the
mashed potato, olive oil a little at a time and then add the parsley.
7. Mix to combine and season with lemon juice and more olive oil if required. Season with salt
to taste and set aside in the refrigerator.
1. Place the cucumbers in one layer in a vacuum bag.
2. Mix the lime juice, zest, salt and place into the bag with the cucumbers.
3. Place in the Vacuum Sealing Drawer and seal on level 3 and vacuum on level 3. Leave in the
bag anywhere from 30 minutes up to 24 hours. The longer left in the bag, the more intense
1. Place some of the fish mixture on top of each finger, and then garnish with herbs.