125g sunflower oil, or other neutral oil
60g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
310g caster sugar
95g gluten free flour
½ tsp salt flakes
75g chocolate (50% or above), chopped
Dulce de leche
1 can condensed milk
Dulce de leche
- Place the unopened tin of condensed milk inside the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 3 hours.
- Once the condensed milk has finished steaming, remove from the steam oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes, or until safe to touch. Remove the condensed milk from the tin and you will have perfect dulce de leche (caramel).
- Place the oil, butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar in a bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment, combine on low speed for 3 minutes. It is important to keep the speed low to avoid incorporating any air.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mix and chocolate to the bowl of the freestanding mixer and combine on low speed for 2 minutes, or until evenly combined.
- Line a 19cm x 28cm x 3cm baking tray with baking paper and pour in half the mix then level over with a palette knife.
- Dot the dulce de leche over the base, then pour over the remaining chocolate batter and smooth with a palette knife.
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
- Place the brownie on shelf position 2 and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack before serving.
Hints and tips
- Store bought dulce de leche can also be used for this recipe to reduce the cooking time to 25 minutes.
- This recipe can be doubled to fit a larger baking tin, baking times may need to be adjusted.