800 g green apples, peeled and cut into 3mm slices
55 g (¼ cup) caster sugar
75 g (½ cup) plain flour
110 g (½ cup) firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
60 g butter, softened
45 g (½ cup) rolled oats
75 g (½ cup) nuts, such as pecans, hazelnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
125 g fresh or frozen blueberries
- Place apple slices in a greased microwave/oven safe flan dish (approx. 27cm). Sprinkle over the caster sugar.
- Place the dish in the microwave oven on the glass tray positioned on shelf position 1. Cook on Microwave 850W for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Rub in butter and stir in rolled oats and nuts.
- Sprinkle the blueberries and crumble topping over the cooked apples. Change the oven function to Microwave + Fan grill, 300W and 180°C and cook for 10 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Stand for 10 minutes before serving crumble with creme anglaise, cream or ice cream.
Alternative appliance function
- Cook the fruit in the microwave as directed. Preheat the oven on Fan Grill at 180°C. Place the crumble in the oven on shelf level 3 and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the topping is golden.
Hints and tips
- Apples can be substituted with pears, apricots, peaches or similar firm fruits. Blueberries can be substituted with raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or bananas.