1 x 250g packet ginger nut biscuits
½ cup pine nuts, roasted
100g butter, melted
500g goats cheese
200g thickened cream
130g caster sugar
1 lemon, zest and juice
Poached stone fruit
120g caster sugar
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1 lemon, zest peeled into strips
6 yellow peaches
½ cup loosely packed basil leaves
Extra small basil leaves
Poached stone fruit
1. Place water, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla bean into a saucepan over high heat, Induction setting 9. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
2. Place peaches into a Deep solid steam tray and pour over warm syrup. Cover with aluminium foil and Steam at 100°C
for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size and ripeness of fruit.
3. Allow to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to cool. Peel skin and return to cooled syrup. Refrigerate until further use.
1. Blend the biscuits and pine nuts in a food processor. Gradually add melted butter to combine.
2. Press into a 22cm greased and lined springform or loose bottom cake tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
1. In a food processor, blend cheese, cream, sugar, lemon juice, zest and eggs until smooth.
2. Pour into the cake tin. Gently tap to remove any air bubbles.
3. Place cake into the Steam Combination Oven. Select Combination mode: Conventional at 140°C + 1 hour 10 minutes + 60% moisture
4. Ensure cake is cooked by testing with a skewer. Leave in the Oven with the door ajar to cool slowly before refrigerating overnight.
1. Strain peaches from syrup. Cut peaches into eighths and reserve. Place peach syrup into a saucepan and bring to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 8. Boil to reduce to a syrupy consistency for approximately 5-10 minutes.
2. Add basil leaves. Stand for 30 minutes to cool. Strain and keep at room temperature.
3. Remove cake from the tin, top with poached fruits and drizzle with basil syrup and extra basil leaves.
Hints and tips
• You can also bake sliced fruits directly on top cheesecake at Filling – Step 2 and omit poached fruits steps.
• To bake in a Conventional Oven; place cheesecake on shelf position 2 and Bake at 140°C for 1 hour 50 minutes. Once cooked, open the Oven door and allow to cool for 1 hour before refrigerating overnight.