65 g butter, softened
115 g caster sugar
130 g brown sugar
1 egg yolk
½ tsp vanilla essence
150 g self-raising flour
40 g salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
55 g dark chocolate chips
75 g crunchy peanut butter
Pinch salt flakes
200 g caster sugar
2 tbsp (40 ml) water
80 g salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
75 g dark chocolate chips
100 ml cream
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven on Moisture Plus with Fan Plus at 150°C, with 1 manual burst of steam. Place a baking and
roasting rack on shelf position 2.
2. Grease and line the base of a 24 cm loose bottom tart tin with baking paper.
3. In a bowl of a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment, add the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar. Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed until combined.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until light and fluffy.
5. Gently fold in the flour, peanuts and chocolate chips.
6. Stir through the peanut butter.
7. Evenly spread the dough into the tart tin. Sprinkle some of the salt flakes.
8. Place into the oven on the baking and roasting rack. Bake for 30 minutes, releasing the burst of steam immediately.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water. Bring to the boil on high heat, induction setting 8. Turn down to medium heat, induction setting 6 and cook without stirring until it starts to caramelise.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and when it becomes a medium golden colour, add the peanuts. Pour immediately onto paper lined tray and spread out quickly. Leave to cool completely.
4. Use a mortar and pestle or food processor to crush the peanut toffee to a crumble consistency or break into large chunks.
1. Place the chocolate chips in a medium size heatproof bowl.
2. Place the cream in a small saucepan and bring to the boil on medium heat, induction setting 6. Remove from heat immediately.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk gently until the chocolate has dissolved completely. Set aside at room temperature.
1. Remove the cookie cake from the tart tin and cut into 12 portions.
2. Place a scoop of ice cream on top of each piece. Drizzle with some chocolate sauce and serve with the peanut praline.
Hints and tips
• The peanut butter and peanuts could be replaced with other nuts and nut butters i.e., macadamia or hazelnuts.
• Bake individual cookies on Fan Plus at 160°C for 12 minutes.