2 whole premium beef cheeks, trimmed and halved
5 sprig of thyme
1½ litres chicken stock
2 bay leaves
5 juniper berries
3 star anise
5 white peppercorns
Pinch of Murray River Sea Salt
1kg rocket, steamed
500ml grapeseed oil
Fresh green salad
- Trim the beef cheeks of any excess fat and sinew.
- Place beef cheeks, thyme, spices and chicken stock into a deep solid steam tray.
- Please in the Pressure Steam Oven and pressure steam for 1 hour at 120°C.
- Remove the beef from the oven and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Place two cups of the cooking liquid in a saucepan and reduce by half over medium heat, Induction setting 6.
- Blend the rocket in a blender, add the grapeseed oil and blend until smooth.
- Transfer puree to a saucepan and cook on low heat, Induction setting 1-2 for 30 minutes. Use a thermometer to ensure cooking temperature of 70°C.
- Cool overnight and strain the following day.
- Place beef cheek on each plate, drizzle a tablespoon of rocket oil on each plate. Spoon over the reduced chicken stock.
- Beef cheek can be served with fresh green salad and hand cut chips.
- Cooking juices will keep in the refrigerator for one week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.