410g plain flour
250g butter, diced, cold
60ml water, ice cold
2 potatoes (250g), peeled and diced small 1cm
150g chorizo, diced medium
200g haloumi, grated
3 spring onions, finely sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Green leafy salad
- Place flour, butter and salt into a food processor and pulse until it forms a breadcrumb like consistency and is yellow in colour.
- Add iced water and pulse until a lightly bound dough forms, then remove onto the bench and work briefly until a smooth dough is reached.
- Flatten the dough to 2cm thick and wrap in cling wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Roll the pastry to 5mm thickness in a rough circle.
- Grease a 3cm deep, 24cm loose bottom tart tin and line with the shortcrust pastry, pressing into the corners. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes covered with cling wrap.
- Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 200°C.
- While the pastry is chilling in the refrigerator, combine the potatoes and chorizo and place onto a multi-purpose tray.
- Place into the oven on shelf position 2 and cook for 15 minutes, or until cooked through and crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Preheat oven on Intensive Bake at 150°C with a baking tray positioned on shelf position 1.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and a pinch of salt until combined.
- Remove tart case from the refrigerator and trim off excess pastry.
- Fill the tart case by alternating the potato, chorizo, haloumi and spring onions. Pour in the egg mix and place tart tin in the oven on the preheated baking tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the tart has set with a slight wobble.
- Change oven function to Bottom Heat at 190°C and bake for a further 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and place tart onto a wire cake rack to cool.
- Slice into 4-6 pieces and serve with a green leafy salad.