1 pork belly, approx. 1.5kg-2kg, bones removed,
skin on and scored
Spiced Honey Glaze
1 cup honey
2 tbs kecap manis
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp five spice powder
1 long red chilli, seeded and sliced, or to taste
1 long green chilli, seeded and sliced, or to taste
200g wombok cabbage, finely sliced
200g red cabbage, finely sliced
1 red capsicum, seeded and julienned
80g snow peas, julienned
70g crunchy fried noodles
80g unsalted roasted peanuts
50g snow pea shoots
½ cup mint, leaves picked
½ cup coriander, leaves picked
2 tsp black sesame seeds
Sliced fresh red chillies – to taste
2 tbs hoisin sauce
4 tbs light olive oil
2 tbs white vinegar
1 tbs lime juice
1 tsp sesame oil
Bao buns, to serve
1. Sprinkle pork generously with salt. Place onto a baking paper lined Multi-purpose tray with a grilling and roasting insert.
2. Place the pork in the Oven on shelf position 3 and select User programme:
3. Stage 1: Select Moisture Plus at 130°C + 30 minutes with 1 burst of steam
Stage 2: Select Moisture Plus at 130°C + 30 minutes with 1 burst of steam
Stage 3: Select Moisture Plus at 130°C + 2 hours
Stage 4: Select Fan Grill at 190°C + 15 minutes Save and name as Pork belly programme.
4. Once pork is cooked, rest the pork for 10-15 minutes prior to slicing.
1. Place all ingredients into a screw top jar and shake to combine.
1. Toss together all salad ingredients and season to taste with the dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Spiced honey glaze
1. Place honey, kecap manis, soy sauce, ginger and five spice powder into a saucepan on low heat Induction setting 3 for 10 minutes. Keep warm. Add chillies just before serving.
1. Place steam buns on a Perforated steam tray lined with baking paper. Steam at 100°C for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
2. Cut pork belly into rectangles, and drizzle with warmed spiced honey glaze and top with Asian slaw.
HINTS AND TIPS
• For best results, remove all packaging from the pork and pat dry with paper towel. Place into the Refrigerator uncovered for 12-24 hours. This helps to dry the skin out resulting in a better crackling. Wipe off any moisture and continue from Step 1.
• Automatic program for Pork Belly. Complete step 1 of this recipe then Select:
Automatic programs> Meat> Pork> Pork Belly and follow the prompts.
• The pork re-heats very well. Select: Fan Grill at 200°C for 15–20 minutes on shelf position
• Bao or steam buns can be purchased from Asian grocers or supermarkets.