1 kg pork belly, boned, skin on
1 tbsp dried thyme
4 apples, Braeburn or similar
Potatoes, mashed or roasted
- Sprinkle pork belly with salt and leave in the refrigerator to dry brine overnight.
- Score the skin with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the thyme over the underside of the pork and place on a grilling and roasting insert onto a multi-purpose tray.
- Place tray on shelf position 1.
Select Combination Mode.
Stage 1: Select Fan Plus at 100°C +70% moisture + 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Chop apples in half and add to the oven with 20 minutes left to cook.
- Stage 2: Select Fan Grill + level 3 + 0% moisture + 30 minutes. Turn the apples flesh side up.
- Continue cooking if the skin is not crispy enough.
- Rest for 30 minutes covered with foil.
- Carve skin side down and serve.
Hints and tips
- This recipe is great served with mash potato and a green salad.
- The stage one cooking time can be extended to 3 hours for a more tender result.