500 g homemade or store bought Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp horseradish cream
1 tsp salt flakes
1.5 kg small beetroots, trimmed
2 tbsp verjuice
60 ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp salt flakes
Micro herbs such as sorrel, chervil and parsley, leaves picked
Extra virgin olive oil
- Line a sieve with a piece of muslin, leaving the sides overhanging. Place the sieve on top of a bowl, ensuring that the bottom does not touch the base of the bowl.
- Mix the yoghurt, horseradish and salt flakes together then transfer to the muslin. Twist the top of the cloth and leave in the sieve. Refrigerate overnight so that the whey can drip into the bowl underneath.
- Arrange the beetroots on baking tray. Drizzle with the verjuice and place into the combi steam pro oven on shelf level 2.
- Select Combi Mode: Conventional at 180°C + 100% moisture. Roast the beetroot for 1.5 hours or until tender when tested with a skewer. Turn the beetroots over halfway through cooking.
- Toss the beetroots with olive oil and salt flakes while warm.
- Cut the beetroots in half lengthways. Smear labneh onto a serving plate and then place beetroots over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with micro herbs.
Hints and tips
- For the best results use small beetroots that are fresh with the green stems intact.
- Larger beetroots can be used but will need to cook for longer.
- Untreated muslin cloth can be purchased from gourmet cooking stores.
- Substitute hummus or a tomato pesto for the labneh to make this dish vegan.