½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sweet soy (kecap manis)
1 tablespoon mirin
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 star anise, crushed
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 organic duck breasts
- Combine all ingredients except duck breasts together in a bowl.
- Cut 3-4 slits into the skin of the breasts, place in the marinade and massage the marinade into the breast.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill on setting 3. Position the baking and roasting rack over the multi-purpose tray and arrange duck breasts on rack, skin side up.
- Place the baking and roasting rack and tray together on shelf position 2. Change programme to Combination mode: Select Full grill + level 3 + 85%moisture.
- Cook for 9-15 minutes, according to preference. Remove from the oven and rest the duck for 10 minutes.
- Strain marinade into a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, induction setting 3-4 and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slice the breast and serve with the hot marinade.
Hints and tips
- Serve with steamed rice and Asian greens