2kg boned lamb shoulder
4 red onions, thickly sliced
1 garlic bulb, skin on, cut horizontally
250ml red wine
250ml vegetable stock
Salt flakes and ground pepper to taste
200g baby orange carrots, peeled
210g baby purple carrots, peeled
2 tablespoon sunflower seeds, toasted
2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon each cardamom
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
80ml olive oil
20ml red wine vinegar
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
Greek yoghurt to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven on Fan Plus at 220°C.
2. Combine all the marinade spices in a small bowl with the oil.
3. Lightly score the skin side of the lamb. Place skin side down in a lightly oiled, medium Gourmet oven dish and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Rub over half the spice oil then turn over. Season and rub in the remaining spice oil.
5. Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes to sear the lamb.
6. Remove the lamb from the oven. Select Combination Mode: Fan plus at 120°C + 80% moisture + 3 hours 30 minutes. You will be prompted to “open oven door to cool down”.
7. While the oven is cooling, add the onions and garlic to the pan, pushing some of them under the lamb. Season and then pour the red wine and stock into the dish, but not over the meat.
8. Cook the lamb for 31⁄2 hours, or until it pulls apart easily with a fork.
9. Transfer the lamb onto a plate and cover to keep warm.
10. Place oven dish onto the Induction, remove any surface fat, and then squeeze in the flesh from 4 of the cooked garlic cloves. Cook on high heat, Induction setting 8, for 5 minutes.
11. Return the lamb to the sauce and while the carrots are cooking shred the meat using two forks.
1. Toss carrots in olive oil, salt and pepper and place on the round baking tray.
2. Place in oven and select Fan Plus at 180°C and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Whisk oil, vinegar and garlic in a bowl and season. Add the orange zest and mix.
4. Remove carrots from the oven and toss through the dressing.
1. Place the lamb in the centre of bowl and dollop 1 tablespoon of Greek yoghurt off to the side. Top the yoghurt with carrots and sprinkle over the seeds.