600g ocean trout, skin off
1 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 small piece ginger
1 large green chilli
2 green onions
1 cup kimchi
1 cup mint leaves, roughly torn
1 cup coriander leaves, roughly torn
- Cut the trout into 4 equal sized pieces. Mix the salt and sugar together. Sprinkle over the fish, and then give it a good massage into the fish using your hands. Leave to cure for a minimum 2 hours, the trout can
- Place the quinoa and water in a solid steam oven tray and steam at 100 °C for 30 minutes, remove and leave to cool.
- Rinse the fish under cold water, drain well and place on solid steam oven tray lined with baking paper. Place in the steam oven and steam at 60 °C for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, peel and finely slice the shallot, ginger, chilli and green onion.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the quinoa, kimchi, herbs, shallot, ginger and chilli.
- Add a splash of the juice from the kimchi, to form the base of the dressing. Squeeze in some lemon juice and a dash of olive oil, season and mix well.
- Remove fish from the steam oven. The fish will easily flake apart. Randomly place the fish and salad on a large plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.