500g whole wheat flour
14g dried yeast
15ml olive oil
15g Murray River Salt Flakes
Olive oil, extra
1. Place dry ingredients into a bowl of an electric mixer with dough hook attachment. Mix on low speed to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the water, milk, yoghurt and olive oil.
3. Gradually add the liquid to the flour. Mix on low speed until the dough pulls away from the bowl, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Remove the dough and place in a clean bowl lined with some olive oil and cover with cling wrap.
5. Let the dough stand at room temperature or place in the Oven on shelf position 2. Select Conventional at 35°C, prove dough for 1 hour or until it doubles in size. Alternatively, select Prove yeast dough function and follow the prompts.
6. Knock the dough back by folding it onto itself and leave to rest for a further 15 minutes at room temperature.
7. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Weigh and divide the dough into 50-55g portions.
8. Roll into bread rolls and place onto baking tray. Leave enough room between each roll to rise.
9. Cover trays loosely with cling wrap and place back into the Oven on shelf position 2 and 4. Prove on Conventional at 35°C for 45 minutes or until they double in size.
10. Pre-heat Oven on Moisture Plus at 200°C with 2 manual bursts of steam. Place one tray in the Oven on shelf position 2, releasing a burst of steam immediately and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the Oven and place the second tray into the Oven, releasing the second burst of steam and bake for a further 10 minutes.
Hints and tips
• This recipe makes 24 small dinner rolls. They freeze very well so it’s worth making the full recipe.
• Rolls can be baked on Steam Combination at 200°C for 10 minutes, releasing a manual burst of steam immediately.