100g Biscuit crumbs to line the tin
4 large eggs, separated
250g store-bought or home-made Greek yoghurt
Pulp from 1 vanilla pod
1 teaspoon each of grated orange and lemon zest
230g self-raising flour
400g frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven on conventional at 160°C with the rack on shelf position 2.
- Grease a 22cm guglehupf tin and sprinkle the crumbs in and shake to coat the sides and base. Tip out excess.
- Beat the egg yolks, yoghurt, oil, vanilla and zests with half the sugar in a bowl until foamy
- Fold in the sifted flour.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. Gradually beat in the sugar. Fold into the yoghurt batter.
- Stir in the frozen raspberries.
- Spoon into the tin and place in oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin, turn out and cool completely on a cake rack.