200 g almond meal
200 g caster sugar
2 tbsp plain flour
2 egg whites
Pinch of salt
½ tsp almond extract
½ cup icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 150°C.
2. Place the almond meal, caster sugar and flour into a food processor and pulse until combined and free of lumps.
3. In the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites and salt and whisk on high speed until foamy, just before soft peak stage. Whisk in the almond extract.
4. Using a spatula, fold the almond meal mixture into the egg whites until combined.
5. Gently knead to form a sticky dough. Dust your hands with icing sugar before rolling the dough into balls.
6. Arrange on a baking tray. Place in the oven on shelf level 2 and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are cracked and the bases are golden. Cool on a wire rack.