150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
Juice of half a lemon
650g golden delicious apples, peeled and cored
Icing sugar or apricot jam to serve
- Grease 26cm flan tin.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla essence and then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold through together with the lemon juice.
- Spread mixture into the flan dish and smooth the top.
- Cut each apple into quarters and with a sharp knife, score the curved side of each quarter. Press each quarter into the cake mixture core side down, arranging them in a circular pattern until the top is completely covered
- Place on shelf position 2 and select Fan plus 160°C. Turn off rapid heat up.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden
- To serve either dust with icing sugar or brush with warmed apricot jam.