1 celeriac root (1.2kg-1.3kg)
400ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
½ lemon peel (save juice)
Salt to taste
½ cup chopped parsley
- Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
- Trim the celeriac skin off and cut into even quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a small gourmet casserole dish on high heat, induction setting 8 and caramelize the celeriac on both sides.
- Add stock, bay leaf, lemon peel, a pinch of salt and butter, allow to come to a simmer for a minute.
- Cook uncovered for 30-40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes.
- Allow the cooking liquid to reduce to thick glossy coating.
- Toss in parsley and lemon juice.