300 g (2 cups) plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch salt flakes
170 g unsalted butter, softened
110 g (½ cup) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
2. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the egg and beat until combined. If the mixture looks slightly curdled add 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture and beat until the mixture is smooth.
4. Gently fold the remaining flour into the butter mixture and shape into a ball. Place into an airtight container and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough between two silicone sheets or baking paper until 8 mm thick.
6. Cut out your desired shapes using cookie cutters.
7. Place into the oven on Fan Plus at 150°C and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
• Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa to the mix to make a chocolate biscuit.
• You can decorate these biscuits using melted chocolate, sugar, royal icing, nuts, buttercream, sprinkles and more!
Hints and tips
• Temper the chocolate on the induction cooktop using this recipe:
100 g good-quality chocolate callets. Melt half of the chocolate in a small saucepan on low heat, induction setting 2. Remove from the heat and add remaining chocolate. Stir continuously until all of the chocolate