½ tsp salt
1 kg asparagus, trimmed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt flakes, to taste
200 g sugar
200 ml water
2 lemons, sliced into 3mm disks
150 g butter
70 ml lemon juice
- Heat the sugar, water and lemon disks in a small saucepan and cook on medium
heat, induction setting 5 for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, drain off syrup and remove any seeds.
- Chop into small dice.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan, half cover with a lid and cook on high heat,
induction setting 7 for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before pouring through a sieve leaving the last few tablespoons of dark milk solids in the pan.
- Now stir into the candied lemon and add the lemon juice.
- Toss the asparagus with the extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Place on a multi-purpose tray and preheat on Fan Grill at 200°C.
- Place asparagus in the oven on shelf position 5 and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drizzle the asparagus with a little of the burnt butter and candied lemon. Season with salt flakes and gently mix together.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter, spoon the burnt butter and candied lemon over the top and serve the rest on the side.