6kg Berkshire or heritage breed ham
145g Maggie Beer Apricot Jam
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Maggie Beer Verjuice
- In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients until you have formed a thick paste.
- Pre-heat the oven on Fan Plus at 220°C.
- Place the grilling and roasting insert in the multi-purpose tray lined with baking paper.
- To remove the rind from the ham, use a small sharp knife to cut a zig zag pattern around the shank, approximately 8-10cm from the end.
- Carefully run your knife under the rind until you can separate it with your fingers.
- Push your fingers between the rind and the fat and it should just separate.
- Rub 1/3 of the glaze mix over the ham.
- Place in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and score the ham in a crisscross pattern. Brush with another 1/3 of the glaze. Stud with the cloves and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining glaze and bake for a further 10 minutes.
Move quickly when taking the ham out of the oven to re-glaze to ensure you don’t lose too much temperature.