2 garlic bulbs, whole
Vegetable oil, to cover
1.2kg waxy potatoes
80g duck fat
- Break the garlic into individual cloves, leaving the skins on.
- Place in a small pan and cover with vegetable oil. Using Induction Setting 6 slowly bring up to temperature until you see small bubbles rising from the bottom of the pan (approximately 7-8 minutes).
- Reduce to Induction setting 3 and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes or until all the garlic cloves are soft. Allow to cool and keep in refrigerator. The garlic will keep for weeks covered in the oil.
- Peel and cut the potatoes to desired size. Place in a perforated steam container and steam at 100°C for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 200°C.
- Place the gourmet casserole dish on shelf position 2. Allow 15 minutes for the dish to heat up. Add the duck fat, continue to heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked potatoes to the oven dish and season well with salt.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown, turning the potatoes every 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, drain on paper towel.
- Squeeze over the garlic cloves, squeezing out of the skins, make it as garlicky as you desire, I like a lot.
- Drizzle over some garlic oil and add some picked rosemary leaves, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and serve.
Hints and tips
- Waxy potatoes work well for this recipe, such as Dutch cream, King Edward, desiree or nicola potatoes.