225 g (1 ½ cups) plain flour
220 g salted butter, at room temperature
165 g (¾ cup) caster sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
110 g ground almonds
Icing sugar, sifted, to serve
- Beat butter, sugar and spices in a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Fold almonds and flour into the butter mixture and mix until combined. Divide into 2, slightly flatten, wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out each piece between 2 sheets of baking paper to an even thickness of approximately 5 mm. Cut to desired shapes. Place unmoulded cut biscuits onto a tray and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, or until firm enough to lift without breaking the shapes.
- Bake biscuits on Fan plus 160°C for 15 minutes, or until desired colour is achieved.
- Allow biscuits to cool slightly on the tray and then cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar.
Hints and tips
- This recipe can also be cooked using Automatic Programmes: Select Cakes/Biscuits > Drop cookies + lowest setting of browning. Follow the prompts onscreen.
- Our baking trays do not need to be lined in most recipes due to their PerfectClean coating.