6 eggs (60g each)
350g mixed spinach and silverbeet leaves, chopped
½ onion, diced
30g extra virgin olive oil
1 cup continental parsley leaves
1 egg, beaten
250g ricotta, drained
130g parmesan, finely grated
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Murray River Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil pastry
80g extra virgin olive oil
1 egg yolk
Olive oil to brush
Olive oil pastry
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Add oil, egg, egg yolk and water. Knead quickly into a paste.
3. Form into a disc, cover in cling wrap and let it rest for half an hour before use.
1. Place eggs into a perforated steam tray. Steam at 100°C for 4 minutes. Remove eggs and plunge into iced water and leave for
10 minutes to set. Peel and set aside.
2. Place mixed spinach, silverbeet and parsley onto a perforated steam tray. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the steam oven and squeeze out any excess liquid.
4. Place the diced onion and olive oil onto a solid steam tray, place into the steam oven and steam at 100°C for 2 minutes.
5. In a bowl, add in onions, blanched greens, beaten egg, ricotta, parmesan, lemon zest, grated nutmeg then season to taste with salt
and pepper. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
1. Pre-heat the oven on Intensive Bake at 180°C.
2. Roll out pastry to 2mm on a lightly floured surface. Cut into six 15cm rounds. Line a jumbo muffin pan with the pastry, allowing excess
pastry to hang over.
3. Fill each mould 2/3 full of ricotta mixture and make a small indent with a teaspoon. Place a boiled egg into the indent and top with
ricotta mixture. Fold excess pastry over, pleating as you go. Brush pastry top lightly with olive oil.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature with salad.
• This recipe can also be prepared as one big torta using a 20cm springform cake tin. Bake on Intensive Bake for approximately 1 hour,
or until golden brown.
• Torta can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container.