¼ cup finely chopped parsley leaves
and stems (approximately ¼ bunch)
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ long red chilli, finely chopped
1 ½ tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 lemon, zested
250 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp (40 ml) sherry vinegar
1 tbsp salt flakes
Salt flakes and pepper, to taste
4 thick sirloin steaks, approximately
200 g each
1 brown onion, thinly sliced
20 g butter
Salt flakes, to taste
½ bunch parsley leaves, finely
Roasted pineapple chilli sauce
Vacuum sealing bags
Gourmet oven dish
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water to thin the sauce.
1. Place the steaks, onion and 2 tablespoons of the chimichurri into a large vacuum sealing bag.
2. Place the bag into the vacuum sealing drawer and Vacuum on level 3 and Seal on level 3.
3. Place the sealed bag onto a rack in the steam oven and Sous-vide at 54°C for 1 hour.
1. Preheat a gourmet oven dish or large frying pan on high heat, induction setting 9, for 5 minutes or until very hot.
2. Remove the steaks from the bag, discard onions and pat steaks dry with paper towel.
3. Sprinkle salt on both sides of the steaks.
4. Melt the butter in the oven dish then add the steaks. Cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the steaks are well browned.
5. Remove the steaks from the oven dish, season with salt and rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
6. Add the parsley to the remaining chimichurri.
7. Sprinkle the steaks with more salt and serve with the chimichurri and roasted pineapple chilli sauce.
Steak sous-vide guide
49°C – Rare
54°C – Medium-rare. This is our preferred temperature for this dish.
57°C – Medium
63°C – Medium-well
69°C+ – Medium-done
Hints and tips
• When chopping the parsley, it is very important to use a well sharpened knife to get a clean cut of the herbs and avoid smashing them. Otherwise, you will leave a lot of the herb flavors and aromas in your chopping board.
• Chimichurri can be used as a marinate and as a sauce. We have added the additional parsley at the end to brighten up before serving.
• You can sous-vide steak without a bag, however, make sure the steak is marinated overnight.
• The steak can be sous-vide ahead of serving. Bring the steak to temperature in the steam oven on Sous-vide at 54°C for 10 minutes before searing.
• This steak in the traditional “Porteño” (port) style of Argentina.