1kg beef brisket, flat end
1 cup marinade
35g garlic, crushed
1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
3 pears, chopped
15g fresh ginger, grated
2 spring onions, sliced
80ml soy sauce
50ml sesame oil
35g brown sugar
1 tbs red pepper paste (Gochujang)
Glass noodle salad
200g dry sweet potato starch vermicelli
2 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs mirin
1 tbs rice wine vinegar
Marinated roast beef
300g pumpkin, peeled and sliced, 3mm thick
2 pears or nashi, cored and sliced, 3mm thick
½ cup marinade
½ cup cashews, lightly crushed
1 cup kimchi, sliced
Toasted sesame seeds and coriander to garnish
Murray River salt flakes
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to
4 days or freeze.
1. Place the beef into a large container and coat with 1 cup of marinade. Ensure all of the meat is evenly covered. Cover with cling
film and refrigerate for 24-48 hours. Alternatively, transfer the marinated meat and residual marinade to a large vacuum sealing
bag and Vacuum on setting 3 and Seal on setting 3.
2. Place beef onto a roasting and grilling insert set above a paper lined multi-purpose tray, into the Oven on shelf position 3. Pour the
water into the base of the tray under the beef. Cook on Fan grill at 140°C for 4 hours until dark brown and tender.
3. Remove the beef from the Oven and rest for 30 minutes at room temperature before wrapping in foil. Refrigerate until required.
Glass noodle salad
1. Cook the noodles according to the directions on the packet. Drain thoroughly and transfer to a mixing bowl. Dress with fish
sauce, sesame oil, mirin and rice wine vinegar and toss well to combine.
2. Pre-heat Oven on Fan Grill at 240°C.
3. Slice the beef finely across the grain, approximately 5mm thick. Place meat on a baking tray covered with foil into the Oven on
shelf position 2.
4. Arrange the sliced pear and pumpkin on a paper lined multi-purpose tray and brush liberally with the marinade. Season to taste
with salt. Place into the Oven on shelf position 5. Grill for 5 minutes then add the cashews to the tray along with the pumpkin and
grill for a further 3 – 5 minutes until slightly charred and the pumpkin is tender.
1. Add the pumpkin, pear and cashews to the bowl of noodles along with the kimchi and toss well to combine. Adjust the
seasoning to taste with extra fish sauce, vinegar, sesame oil then transfer to serving bowls or a share plate.
2. Top with slices of beef and garnish with mayonnaise, sesame seeds and coriander.