500g fruit cake, cut into 1cm slices
750g cream cheese, softened
300g sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
¼ cup brandy
½ tsp ground nutmeg
Assorted summer fruits to decorate (cherries, berries, etc.)
1. Grease a 26cm springform tin; line the base with baking paper.
2. Cover the base of tin with cake slices, pressing down slightly to fit.
3. Place all filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the filling into the tin and cover tightly with baking paper and foil with the reflective side facing down.
5. Place into the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C for 1 hour.
6. Remove foil and allow to cool slightly before refrigerating the cheesecake for 3 hours, or overnight.
7. Decorate with assorted fruits as desired.
Hints and tips
- For individual cheesecakes, the cake can be crumbled into small heatproof glasses, topped with fruit and cheesecake mixture. Covered tightly with foil and Steam for 15 minutes.