500 g fruit cake or Christmas pudding, cut into 1 cm slices
750 g cream cheese, softened
300 g sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
220 g caster sugar
60 ml (¼ cup) brandy
½ tsp ground nutmeg
Seasonal fruit, to decorate
- Grease a 24 cm springform tin; line the base with baking paper.
- Cover the base of the tin with cake or pudding slices, pressing down slightly to fit.
- Place all filling ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling into the tin and cover tightly with baking paper and foil, with the reflective side facing down.
- Place into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and allow to cool slightly before refrigerating the cheesecake for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Decorate with assorted fruits and serve.
Hints and tips
- For individual cheesecakes, crumble the cake into small heatproof glasses, top with fruit and cheesecake mixture. Cover tightly with foil and Steam at 100°C for 15 minutes.