1.5 kg mussels, live | cleaned, de-bearded
1 kg clams, live
200 g shallots | peeled, sliced into rings
350 g prawn tails, raw | no shell
250 g squid tubes | sliced into rings
200 g baby octopus
250 g peas, fresh or frozen and defrosted
2 cups of pea tendrils or micro herbs
500 ml water
170 ml white wine vinegar
85 g caster sugar
20 g salt flakes
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp Aleppo chilli flakes
130 g coriander, fresh | white roots removed
1 garlic clove
1 tsp cumin | ground
2 tsp caster sugar
1/8 tsp citric acid
40 ml water
15 ml sherry vinegar
65 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
- Place mussels and clams onto a large perforated steam container with an
unperforated steam container underneath. Place into steam oven and Steam at
100°C for 5 minutes. Set a timer for 4 minutes.
- Place the pickling liquid ingredients into an unperforated steam container.
- Place the shallots into a perforated steam container.
- When the timer reaches 4 minutes place both trays into the steam oven and continue cooking.
- Strain the solids from the pickling liquid.
- Remove mussels and clams from their shells and pick out any debris from inside the meat, place in a bowl. Cover with pickling liquid, allow to cool on the bench for 10 minutes then place in the fridge to place for at least 6 hours or overnight. Reserve some of the shells for later.
- Place the shallots in a bowl and cover with pickling liquid, allow to cool on the bench for 10 minutes then chill in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Place the prawns, squid and baby octopus onto a large perforated steam container with an unperforated steam container underneath. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 70°C for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the bench for 10 minutes then place in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Wash the coriander, drain and chop into smaller pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss the prawns, squid, baby octopus, ½ cup of the mojo cilantro and the pea
tendrils lightly together.
- Drain the mussels, clams and shallots and combine with the peas and ½ tbsp
- Place a little of each on the plate, filling the reserved mussel and clam shells with
- Place the remaining mojo cilantro and Aleppo chilli on the table for people to help