450 g (3 cups) Baker’s flour
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp (7g) dry yeast
2 tsp salt flakes
310 ml (1 ¼ cup) milk
40 g (¼ cup) polenta
40 g (¼ cup) semolina
10 g unsalted butter, to serve
1. Combine the flour, sugar, yeast, yeast, salt and milk in a mixing bowl then knead to a smooth, firm dough.
2. Place into a lightly greased bowl, large enough for the dough to double in size. Place the dough into the oven on Prove yeast dough for 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
3. In a small bowl combine semolina and polenta. Set aside.
4. Turn out dough onto a workbench dusted with semolina mix.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 2cm thickness, sprinkle the top of the dough with more semolina mix and turn over.
6. Cut discs using a 7cm pastry cutter. Place the discs onto paper lined perforated steam container and Steam at 40°C for 20 minutes.
7. Increase the temperature and Steam at 100°C for 15 minutes until cooked.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
9. Melt the butter in a frying pan or tepan yaki plate on medium heat, Induction setting 6.
10. Brown muffins on each side for approximately 3-5 minutes until golden. Serve immediately.
Hints and tips
• Muffins can also be toasted in the oven on Fan Grill at 200°C until golden.
• Muffins can be frozen for up to 1 month.