200g caster sugar
5 eggs, separated
Grated rind of 1 lemon
100ml lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
60g self-raising flour
50g caster sugar
Fresh cream to serve
- Grease 12 x ²/³ cup ramekins with butter and dust with sugar.
- Place the butter, 70g of sugar, egg yolks and zest in a large bowl and gently whisk to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and stir gently through the flour.
- Add the milk, using a hand held whisk, gently stir until combined. Mixture will be runny.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, add the remaining sugar and whisk again. Fold into the lemon mixture in 3 separate batches.
- Fill the ramekins 5mm from the rim.
- Place the ramekins on a perforated tray. Place in the Steam Combination oven on shelf position 2.
- Select User Programme and create the following:
Select Combination Mode, Fan plus 165°C + 45% moisture + 16 minutes. Select Fan Plus 165°C with zero moisture and cook for a further 7 minutes. Follow the prompts on the screen to start cooking.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more before turning out, upside-down.
- Lightly whip fresh cream to serve.
Hints and tips
- A variation would be to serve with pistachio ice cream and grated pistachio on top.