1kg Eden mussels, cleaned
½ cup lobster tail, shell on
1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
100g seasoned fresh Wakame
4 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ cup grapeseed oil
Murray River Sea Salt to taste
- Trim lobster tail and steam at 90˚C for 7 minutes in a perforated steam tray. Place mussels in a solid steam tray, add to steam oven and continue to steam for a further 3 minutes or until mussel shells have opened. Set mussels aside to cool. Plunge the lobster tail into iced water to cool quickly.
- Pre-heat Steam Combination XL on Fan Grill at 220˚C.
- Remove lobster from the ice and cut in half down the centre. Remove the meat in one piece from each side of the shell. Roughly chop the lobster meat and set aside in a bowl. Discard lobster shell.
- Remove mussel meat, retain shells for serving. Roughly chop mussel meat and add to chopped lobster. Clean shells of any beard and mussel. Place the mussel shells on the grilling and roasting insert, placed in the multi-purpose tray.
- Add tarragon and lemon juice to shellfish and season with salt.
- In a medium stainless steel bowl, whisk eggs, mustard and a pinch of salt. Slowly whisk in grapeseed oil until sauce is thickened to a light mayonnaise consistency. This can also be done in a food processor.
- Combine sauce with lobster and mussels, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place a scant teaspoonful of the Wakame seaweed mixture into shells, top with a spoonful of the lobster mixture.
- Play tray in oven on shelf position 3. Follow prompts on the screen to select the duration of 3 minutes and release 1 manual burst of steam.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, remove from oven and serve immediately.
Hints and tips
- Wakame can be purchased from your local sushi bar or fish monger.