5 limes, zested and juiced
3 lemons, zested and juiced
660 g (3 cups) white sugar
625 ml (2 ½ cups) water
1 tsp citric acid
2 tsp tartaric acid
- Combine the lime zest, lemon zest, sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, induction setting 7. Reduce heat to medium, induction setting 5 and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir through the citric and tartaric acid and remove from the heat.
- Add the lime and lemon juices.
- Strain the syrup and pour into sterlised bottles.
Pour 2 tbsp of the cordial in a glass, top with sparkling water, lime slices, a sprig of mint and some ice cubes.
Hints and tips
- Both citric acid and tartaric acid give this cordial a lovely tart flavour.
- Sterilise the bottles using the disinfect items function on Miele steam ovens. Alternatively steam the bottles upside down for 10 minutes at 100⁰