|160g unsalted butter
2 teaspoons honey
170g caster sugar
170g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g almonds, ground
1 tablespoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
50g melted butter
1 lemon, zested
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together butter and honey. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until pals. In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder together.
Gradually add the flour into the egg mixture, followed by the almond meal and stir until combined.
3. Fold in the cooled butter and honey mixture and the lemon zest and juice.
4. Allow the batter to rest covered in the Refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Pre-heat Oven on Fan Plus at 175°C.
6. Brush Madeleine irons/trays with melted butter and spoon heaped teaspoons of the mix into each mould until they are ¾ filled.
The amount will vary depending on the size of your trays.
7. Bake in Oven for 15-20 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the centres have risen.
8. Combine lemon sugar ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
9. Once Madeleines are cooked, immediately remove from Oven and tip out onto a wire rack.
10. Toss warm Madeleines in lemon sugar and serve immediately.