1 large red kumara
2 tbsp olive oil
300 g Israeli couscous
2 tbsp za’atar
130 g almonds, roasted and sliced
400 ml chicken stock
100 g dried cherries, chopped
1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
25 g parsley, chopped
25 g chives, chopped
200 g kale, roughly torn
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 200°C and select Crisp function, if available.
- Peel and dice kumara into 2cm cubes. Place in bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Transfer onto a multi-purpose tray and place in the oven on shelf position 2. Cook for 30 minutes and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, induction setting 7. Add couscous and stir to toast (1-2 minutes).
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Transfer into an unperforated steam container. Place in the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 19 minutes.
- Add kale and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Remove couscous from the steam oven and mix through almonds, cherries, za’atar, roasted kumara, lemon, herbs and season to taste.
- Serve on a large serving platter, alongside your favourite protein.
Hints and tips
- Chicken stock can be substituted with vegetable stock for a vegetarian alternative.