80 g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
50 g plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
Pinch of ground cinnamon
25 ml fresh cream 35% fat
15 g unsalted butter, melted
225 g cream cheese, room temperature and cubed
72 g caster sugar
18 g brown sugar
110 ml fresh cream 35% fat
300 ml sour cream
68 g passionfruit juice
40 g unsalted butter
50 g brown sugar
Pinch of salt flakes
Pinch of cinnamon
75 g plain flour
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
- In the bowl of a freestanding mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Meanwhile, sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- Warm the cream in the microwave, then slowly pour it over the egg mixture while whisking. Once added, continue to whisk for a further minute.
- Remove from the mixer, add the sieved ingredients and fold through by hand.
- Mix a small amount of the cake batter into the melted butter before folding it back through the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined cake tin, 18 cm in diameter.
- Bake in the preheated oven on shelf position 4 for 15-17 minutes, until golden in colour and the cake bounces back when gently pressed in the centre.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before placing the cheesecake mixture on top.
- In the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the cream cheese for approximately 3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the caster and brown sugar and mix for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until completely incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as required.
- While whisking on low speed, add the cream, sour cream and passionfruit. Mix to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake over the prepared vanilla cake, cover the tin with foil. Place in the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for approximately 40 minutes. The steamed cheesecake will be soft and have a wobble.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour before placing into the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours to set.
- Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 170°C.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl.
- With clean hands, combine the ingredients until there are no lumps of butter remaining and it comes together as a crumble.
- Spread the crumble over the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven on shelf position 3 for 15-18 minutes, until golden-brown in colour.
- Just prior to serving, top the chilled cheesecake with the cinnamon crumble.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Hints and tips
- The crumble can be made in advance and frozen either raw or baked.