1.5 kg new potatoes
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tsp black mustard seeds
150 g shallots | peeled, sliced
4 garlic cloves | crushed
1 tsp turmeric, ground
1 tsp cumin, ground
20 turns black pepper mill
¼ tsp chilli powder
1 ½ tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp salt flakes
60 g cranberries, dried
1 ½ tbsp rose petals, dried
10 g coriander, fresh | chopped
- Place new potatoes in a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 20
minutes, or until soft.
- Allow to cool slightly and chop any large potatoes into smaller pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Warm the extra virgin olive oil up in a small saucepan on medium heat, induction
setting 6 and add the black mustard seeds, let them begin to pop then add the
shallots, garlic, turmeric, cumin, chilli and black pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the shallots are soft. Pour on top of the potatoes, add
the cider vinegar and salt. Mix lightly together and leave to cool.
- When the potatoes are cool add the cranberries, rose petals and coriander.
- This is best made the day before, only adding the coriander on the day you are
- If fresh pomegranates are available they would be a great alternative to