24 large king prawns, peeled and
2 Kohlrabi, topped and peeled
24 bamboo skewers
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
½ bunch chives
½ bunch dill
200ml grapeseed or olive oil
1 lime, juiced
Murray River sea salt to taste
200ml white balsamic vinegar
120g caster sugar
2 finger limes, halved
1. Wash and dry the herbs, combine all the ingredients and blitz in a blender until everything
is emulsified. Season with lime juice and salt.
1. In a vacuum bag, place the prawns and half of the salsa verde. Place in the Vacuum Sealing
Drawer, seal the bag on level 2, and vacuum on level 3. Marinate up to 12 hours in the
2. Once marinated, remove from the bag and place a skewer through the tail along the
underside of the body to keep the prawn straight when cooking.
3. Pre-heat the oven on Fan Grill at 240°C.
4. Place prawns on the grilling and roasting insert, set in the multi-purpose tray.
5. Place in the oven on shelf position 5 and grill for 4-6 minutes or until just cooked through.
1. In a small saucepan, bring to the boil the white balsamic, water and caster sugar. Once the
sugar has dissolved, set aside to cool.
2. Using a mandolin, slice the kohlrabi 2-3mm thick in 8-12cm ribbons. Place the sliced
kohlrabi into a vacuum seal bag with the cold pickling liquid.
3. Place in the Vacuum Sealing Drawer, seal the bag on level 3 and vacuum on level 3. Leave to
pickle from 30 minutes, up to 12 hours.
1. Cut the end of the finger lime and squeeze out the inside pearls. Remove any seeds.
2. Take the prawn, and wrap with the pickled kohlrabi, top the prawn with some of the finger
3. Serve prawns on a platter and drizzle remaining salsa verde over the prawns.