1.2 kg pumpkin, peeled and
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt flakes and pepper, to taste
1 cup sage leaves, roughly chopped
50 g pine nuts
40 g butter
1 leek, thinly sliced
500 g fresh ricotta
60 g parmesan, finely grated
125 ml (½ cup) cream
¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
375 g fresh lasagne sheets,
homemade or store bought
200 g fresh mozzarella ball,
1. Preheat the oven on Fan Grill at 200°C.
2. Place the pumpkin on a universal tray and drizzle with the oil. Season to taste.
3. Place the tray on shelf level 4 and cook for 18 minutes, or until the pumpkin is cooked through and golden.
4. Add the sage and pine nuts to the tray and toss with remaining oil. Grill for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, induction setting 6, add the leek and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft.
6. Combine the ricotta, parmesan, cream, and nutmeg in a bowl. Season to taste. Add the cooled leek.
7. Place a small amount of the pumpkin and sage mixture into the base of a large baking dish and cover with a layer of pasta sheets.
8. Spread some of the ricotta mixture over the sheets and top with more pasta sheets. Continue to layer in this way until you reach the top of the dish (aim for 3 layers each of pumpkin and ricotta).
9. Top with the ricotta mixture and sliced mozzarella.
10. Place into the oven on Moisture Plus with Fan Plus at 160°C with 3 manual bursts of steam. Release the first burst of steam at 5 minutes, the second burst of steam at 15 minutes and the third at 25 minutes. Cook for 45 minutes in total.
11. Serve as a side dish or with a salad for a light meal.
Alternative appliance methods
Combi steam oven
1. Place into the combi steam oven and create a user programme:
Step 1: Select Combination Mode + Fan Plus at 180°C + 35 minutes + 80% moisture
Step 2: Select Combination Mode + Grill setting 3 + 10 minutes + 30% moisture
Step 3: Save programme
Hints and tips
• This dish can also be cooked using Automatic Programmes; Select Bakes & Gratins / Pasta Bake.