2kg free-range pork neck, boneless, skinless with good amount of fat
4 fresh bay leaves, crushed
1 tablespoons sea salt
4 red onions, skin on, cut into wedges
1 bulb Australian garlic
1/3 cup quince glaze
- Pre-heat the oven on Fan Plus at 130°C.
- Place the onions, garlic and verjuice into a medium Gourmet oven dish and place the pork neck on top of the onions.
- Cover the pork neck with fresh bay leaves and a tablespoon of salt and place into the oven on shelf position 2 and change the setting to Combination Mode + Fan Plus + 130°C + 3 hours + 85% Moisture.
- Remove the pork from the oven and change the setting to Fan Plus at 200°C. While the oven is heating, brush the pork with the quince glaze. Return the pork to the hot oven and cook for a further 7-10 minutes or until the piece of pork has a good burnish on top, this time will depend on your oven.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 20 minutes in a warmer drawer on food setting 3, strain off the pan juices into a glass jug, then wait a couple of minutes for the fat to separate then remove and discard, reserving the juices.
Gently carve the pork and place onto a platter or plates and serve with onions, garlic and reserved pan juices.