250 ml (1 cup) water
220 g (1 cup) white sugar
6 rosemary sprigs
- Combine the water, sugar and rosemary in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, induction setting 7. Reduce heat to medium, induction setting 5 and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Set the syrup to infuse for up to 1 hour.
- Strain the syrup and pour into sterlised bottles.
Orange and rosemary mocktail
- Pour 1 tbsp of the syrup in a cocktail shaker with ¼ cup orange juice, 1 tbsp lemon juice and ice cubes. Shake well and strain into a glass. Top with a little soda water and a sprig of rosemary.
Rosemary old fashioned
- Stir 1 tbsp of the syrup and 3 dashes of bitters into a glass. Add 60 ml bourbon and a large ice cube. Stir well.
Hints and tips
- Sterilise the bottles using the Disinfect items function on Miele steam ovens. Alternatively, place the bottles upside down in the steam oven and Steam at 100⁰C for 10 minutes.