375g butter puff pastry
200g cream cheese
680g jar sour pitted cherries, drained
1 egg extra for egg wash
100g fondant icing for decorating
1. Pre-heat oven on Intensive Bake at 200°C.
2. Cut two 10cm x 26cm rectangles of puff pastry and place onto baking paper lined baking tray.
3. Brush the long edges with egg wash. Cut 4 x 1½ cm x 26cm pieces from the remaining puff pastry and place these thin pieces
of pastry on top of the egg wash.
4. In a food processor, add cream cheese, sugar and egg and blend until smooth.
5. Divide mix evenly into 2 and spread evenly over the base of the puff pastry rectangles between the two long edges.
6. Place the cherries over the cream cheese mix.
7. Place baking tray on shelf position 1 and bake for 18 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for five minutes before drizzling with warm fondant to decorate.
HINTS AND TIPS
- This recipe can be made by substituting the cherries with other fruits such as apple, raspberries, apricots or blueberries.