1 kg potatoes, unpeeled
80 g unsalted butter, diced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white miso paste
3 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
1 tsp salt flakes
Cracked black pepper, to taste
½ small lemon, juiced
200 g hot smoked salmon
1 cup watercress, washed
Vacuum sealing bag
1. In a large vacuum sealing bag, place the potatoes and butter.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and miso paste before adding to the potatoes, along with the garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Place into the vacuum sealing drawer and Vacuum on setting 3 and Seal on setting 3.
4. Place the sealed bag onto a wire rack in the steam oven and Sous-vide at 90°C for 1 hour 10 minutes.
5. Carefully open the bag and transfer the potatoes into a large bowl. Discard the garlic and season with lemon juice and more salt flakes.
6. Lightly toss the potatoes to emulsify the butter, miso paste and lemon juice. Scatter the potatoes on a serving dish and top with the flaked hot smoked salmon and fresh watercress.
Hints and tips
• Kipfler, baby new or chat potatoes would be suitable for this recipe.