1 chicken, free range
1 tsp salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp thyme, dried
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp olive oil
750g orange kumara (about 2 medium), washed, sliced into ½ cm rounds
Baby cos salad
4 tbsp olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
2 baby cos, washed, cut into 1/8 lengthways
4 tbsp black olives, pitted, sliced
5 tbsp almonds, slivered, toasted
Salt flakes, to taste
- Cut chicken down one side of the backbone with a strong pair of scissors and open out to flatten, pressing hard down on the breastbone.
- Mix the salt, paprika and thyme together and rub over both sides of the bird.
- Place on a grilling and roasting insert on a multi-purpose tray, skin side up. Drizzle the olive oil over the spatchcock and rub into the skin.
- Preheat the oven on Moisture Plus at 200°C on Fan Plus with 3 manual bursts of steam.
- Place in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 45 minutes, releasing a burst of steam immediately, second burst at 15 minutes and third burst at 30 minutes.
- Rest chicken under foil for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle half the olive oil and a sprinkling of salt onto a multi-purpose tray and lay kumara evenly on the tray, drizzle the remaining olive oil and another sprinkle of salt on top.
- Select Fan Grill at 200°C and place kumara on shelf position 5 for 12 minutes.
Baby cos salad
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice together and dress salad, layering up the olives and almonds with the baby cos and season to taste.
- Arrange chicken, kumara and salad in serving bowls.