4 chicken breast fillets, cut in half
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons grated ginger
2 teaspoons cumin
1½ teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 onion, sliced
1 small eggplant, cut into 2cm dice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
8 fresh dates, pitted and quartered
tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup yoghurt
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Combine chicken, olive oil, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and paprika in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Combine onion, eggplant and extra virgin olive oil in a 2 l (8 cup) microwave/oven safe dish.
- Place dish on the glass tray on shelf position 1. Cook on Microwave 600W for 8 minutes.
- Add honey, dates and marinated chicken to the onion mixture. Mix well.
- Return dish to the oven on the glass tray on shelf position 1. Cook on Microwave 300W + Fan plus 180°C for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Stir through 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and season to taste. Cover with aluminium foil and rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Combine yoghurt with the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice and spoon over the chicken. Top with chopped parsley to serve.
Hints and tips
Serve with rice or cous cous.