1 red onion, chopped
1 chorizo sausage peeled and sliced finely
40 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 x 400g can chopped tomato
1 ½ cups chicken stock
1 cup Arborio rice
1 zucchini, diced
30 g butter, diced
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1 ½ tbsp chopped chives
1/4 cup soft goats curd
1/3 cup basil leaves, torn
Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine onion, chorizo and oil in a large microwave safe bowl. Place on glass tray on shelf level 1.
- Cook on Microwave 850W for 3 minutes. Onion should be transparent.
- Add tomato, stock and rice. Cook on Microwave 850W for 8 minutes.
- Add zucchini, stir well and cook for a further 8-10 minutes on 850W until zucchini and rice are tender.
- Remove from the oven, cover and stand for 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cover, watching for steam. Add butter and parmesan, stir well to combine.
- Finally, stir in parsley, olives and chives. To serve top with goats curd, basil leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.